Clinical Lab Manager
Posted on May 4, 2021 by CHI St Vincent Hot Springs
We invite you to join us a our Manager of Laboratory Services at CHI St. Vincent in Hot Springs, Arkansas! Named a Best Place to Work in 2020, our level 2 Trauma Center and magnet facility features 280 beds and specializes cancer treatment, orthopedics and heart care. Named for its naturally heated springs and its lush green national parks, Hot Springs offers hiking, shopping, boating, horse racing, sports events, outdoor amenities and more.
CHI St. Vincent, a regional health network serving Arkansas, is part of CommonSpirit Health. We have served Arkansas since 1888 with a history of many firsts. Together with more than 4,500 coworkers, 1,000 medical staff, and 500 volunteers, we consistently receive praise for care advancements.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community. Our laboratory is the heart and soul of our hospital. The lab professionals that work for CHI St Vincent has an important role in patient experience and quality of care.
CHI St. Vincent provides you with the same level of care you provide to others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement and support your work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Free Premium Membership to our program to help employees with child care, pet care, senior caregivers, housekeepers & more.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
- Relocation Assistance
- Monitor and evaluate systems, process, and personnel responsible for the analyses of specimens to obtain data for diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Monitor operational activities to ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards
- Initiate and implement performance improvement programs to ensure quality control programs for the clinical laboratory.
- Provides on-site oversite of day-to-day activities in the lab.
- Demonstrates a technical knowledge of laboratory to include procedures, protocols, methologies and equipment.
lab manager, lab supervisor, hospital, clinical laboratory, clinical pathology, medical technologist #labmgr
Requires a Bachelors Degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology, medical technology or related field
1. Requires 2-3 years of laboratory management experience
2. Requires 5-10 years of clinical laboratory experience
3. Registered with a nationally accredited certifying agency (e.g. American College of Clinical Pathology, American Medical Technology, etc.)
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift and carry twenty-five (25) pounds. Must be able to stand or sit up to four (4) hours at a time. Position requires the ability to stoop to perform technical operations on instrumentation.
Related Skills: lab manager, lab supervisor, laboratory, microbiology, biology, hematology, unalysis, chemistry, regulations, clinical laboratory, safety programs, protocol, laboratory trends, professional, technical, CLIA, regulatory agencies, medical technologist, clinical pathology, analysis
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.