CPAP Educator RRT
Posted on May 4, 2021 by CHI Franciscan Medical Group
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Are you tired of nights and weekends? Are you looking for a new challenge with on the job training that still allows for a work/life balance? Do you want to spend more one-on-one quality time with patients?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, this is the perfect job for you!
Franciscan Medical Group is currently seeking a PART TIME CPAP Educator, RRT for our Franciscan Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine Clinic in Poulsbo, WA! We are seeking a motivated individual to join our patient centered team.
This job is responsible for providing training/education to clinic patients to facilitate successful PAP/CPAP therapy and help individuals with sleep issues to maximize treatment opportunities and reduce related health risks. An incumbent works closely with patients to monitor/analyze device readings, review compliance/progress with plan of care and self-management objectives and to eliminate barriers to maximizing the quality of care.
Work also includes: 1) explaining/demonstrating use and care of assigned devices and troubleshooting to assure proper function; 2) promoting knowledge/understanding of sleep wellness/disorders/hygiene and effective treatments; 3) making digital adjustments to device/equipment based on patient needs and to optimize therapeutic value; 4) identifying device malfunctions and arranging replacement with device provider; 5) documenting all interactions in the patient's medical record in accordance with established procedures; and 6) performing device/equipment cleaning/maintenance activities.
An incumbent may also occasionally perform respiratory care procedures within scope of licensure as necessary.
Work requires knowledge of the standards, procedures and equipment/tools applicable to PAP/CPAP therapy and applicable legal/regulatory requirements. An incumbent follows proper channels of communication in handling daily and routine problems and recognizing issues that need referral to management.
- Meets with clinic patients referred from healthcare providers or as part of internal CPAP follow-up protocol to review progress with plan of care and provide training to facilitate most effective device/equipment usage and therapeutic results.
- Downloads and reviews/analyzes date from devices/equipment procured by patients through their medical equipment provider; makes digital adjustments to device/equipment based on patient needs and to optimize therapeutic value.
- Documents all interactions in the patient's medical record via EPIC in accordance with established procedure.
- Performs device/equipment cleaning and maintenance activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Coordinates meetings of sleep apnea support group in accordance with American Sleep Foundation protocols for AWAKE groups.
May occasionally perform respiratory care procedures as necessary.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
- Graduation from an approved school of Respiratory Therapy and two years of related work experience that would demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge/abilities.
- Work experience in PAP therapy is required.
- License to practice as a respiratory care practitioner through the Washington State Department of Health required.
- Registration through the National Board of Respiratory Care preferred.
- Current Certification as Clinical Sleep Educator (CSE) through the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.