Posted on May 4, 2021 by CHI St Joseph's Health
CHI St. Joseph's Health of Park Rapids, part of CommonSpirit Health, is an award-winning, 25-bed critical access hospital located in the heart of lake country. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, we offer a full range of services including 24/7/365 Emergency Department and Level IV Trauma Center, hospitalist program, testing, surgery, orthopedics, rehabilitation, and more so that you can experience better health.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
CHI St. Joseph's Health provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
The laboratory phlebotomist collects blood samples from patients as well as other specimen samples. Properly identifies patients, labels specimens per lab policy and transports specimens to the laboratory. The laboratory phlebotomist performs CLIA waived laboratory tests, adhering to all laboratory policies and procedures pertaining to testing, quality control, and proficiency testing to assure timely and accurate results. Must interact with patients in a professional and caring manner when providing information or collecting specimens.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and practices when interacting with patients/visitors and when performing phlebotomy.
- Behave in a professional, collaborative and supportive manner. Recognize and respect religious and cultural differences.
- Performs urine drug collections for toxicology.
- Daily instrument maintenance and quality control of CLIA waived testing.
- Understand pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical processes for CLIA waived testing.
- Evaluation and interpretation of CLIA waived results and entry of results into LIS.
- Organizes and stocks phlebotomy carts
- Use appropriate method/supplies for drawing blood depending on the specific patient i.e. age, condition, etc.
- General duties of filing, ordering supplies, packaging reference specimens.
- Follow HIPAA rules
- Complete organization requirements and attend mandatory meetings.
- Perform essential functions per ADA position analysis.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- High School diploma required.
- Must have legible wiring and computer skills.
- Completed phlebotomy course with certification preferred.
- 2 years work related experience preferred.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.