Manager Regulatory Readiness and Licensing
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Northridge Hospital Medical Center
Founded in 1955, Dignity Health - Northridge Hospital Medical Center is a 394-bed, acute care, nonprofit community hospital located in Northridge, California. The hospital offers a full complement of award winning services, including the Leavey Cancer Center, a cardiovascular center, stroke center, the Center for Assault Treatment Services, a pediatric medical center, and the only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a leading provider of compassionate, high-quality and affordable patient-centered care, we share a rich legacy with Dignity Health, one of the nation's five largest health care systems. We are part of a 21-state network of nearly 9,000 physicians, 62,000 employees and more than 400 care centers. Visit dignityhealth. org/northridgehospital for more information.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Free Membership to our program supporting any child care, pet care, or adult dependent needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
Responsible for the development, implementation and coordination of activities related to the hospital's achievement of the accreditation and regulatory compliance process. This position is also responsible for mitigating risk and achieving full compliance for noncompliance with regulations. Responsible for Joint Commission survey preparation and response.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities
- Responsible for delivering the most current information including interpretation from federal and state regulatory agencies and accrediting organizations.
- Directs and supports the various entities in fulfilling their obligation to be compliant with regulations, patient safety and environment of care initiatives.
- Serves hospital leadership, including work groups, in designing policy and practices that align with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Provides support, including onsite reviews, to the facility in achieving full compliance and certification. Works with the facilities and clinical leadership on projects that may warrant licensing changes or needs.
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in a healthcare related field required, Masters preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a healthcare environment and a minimum of 3 in a leadership role overseeing a related field.
related terms: accreditation, licensing, quality, risk, compliance, project management, survey, hospital, healthcare