RN Regional Educator
Posted on May 4, 2021 by CHI Franciscan
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This RN Regional Educator position will support our Women and Children's service line. This role coordinates and develops education and training activities in a nursing specialty or subspecialty as well as supporting system-wide learning initiatives. An incumbent enhances the quality and cost-effectiveness of patient care by providing educational support to nursing staff and others in collaboration with medical staff, department directors, and Education Services.
The duties require professional nursing expertise in a nursing specialty or subspecialty and a thorough understanding of clinical nursing practices and standards in order to develop and provide clinical nursing education programs and to display credibility to clinical audiences, including RNs, Clinical Technicians, and other nursing staff. Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of adult education is also required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts needs analyses to identify immediate/future education needs and develops education/training programs designed to meet identified learning needs and comply with city, county, state, federal and The Joint Commission guidelines as applicable.
- Conducts and evaluates education/training programs/activities provided to ensure they are consistent with meet identified learning needs, including classroom training.
- Develops consistent standards and processes for education at facilities within the clinical specialty; consults with stakeholders to facilitate consistent implementation and provides consultation to make consistent processes and standards for education at all facilities within the clinical specialty.
- Participates in the development, revision, and update of both clinical and educational department-specific policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Supports the education department's quality improvement initiatives and incorporates quality improvement techniques into work performance.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Nursing, and three years of RN nursing work experience in the designated specialty area that demonstrates the attainment of the requisite job knowledge, skills and abilities. Previous work experience in the education/training of healthcare providers is strongly preferred. Master's degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current healthcare provider BLS certification.
- Certification or history of certification in nursing specialty or staff development preferred.
- NRP Regional Training or 6 months experience.
- STABLE instructor required, or ability to acquire within 6 months of employment
- Minimum of three years recent nursing experience in Level II Nursery (Level III preferred) to include C-Pap and respiratory/ventilator care.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.