Posted on May 4, 2021 by CHI Health Saint Francis Medical Center
Your time at work should be fulfilling.
Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities.
What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
**Eligible for $5,000 Sign-On Bonus and $10,000 Education Assistance!**
We take our sleep seriously, and with our Polysom Techs to help, we can find effective ways to help others. You will be providing direct care to patients while safely operating sophisticated medical equipment to record sleep/wake stages, respiratory events, cardiac events and other clinical events.
What you will do:
- Provides for the assessment and evaluation of the appropriateness and effectiveness of diagnostic testing based on patients' age, cognitive and physical abilities, and/or developmental needs. Is responsible for communication to the physician of pertinent patient data.
- Initiates and monitors overnight testing procedures in accordance with American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Communicates a professional attitude with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel. Practices strict ethical enforcement of protected medical and employee confidentiality.
- Assists coordinator with quality assurance programs for the department and makes recommendations as needed.
- Operates in full compliance with organization's safety program. Responds to all emergency preparedness situations as appropriate. Utilizes standard precaution and assures unit's equipment is ready for safe operation.
- Performs duties in documented accordance with requirement of all regulating/governing bodies.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in department meetings, in-service programs and continuing education programs. Fulfills yearly education requirements as stated by policy.
- May participate in on call rotation for staffing.
What you will need:
- Graduate of an AMA approved Respiratory Therapy school
- Respiratory Care Practitioner License
- Registered as a RRT or CRT OR Registered Polysomnographic Technologist
- BLS through American Heart Association required upon hire.
- Preferred: PALS and ACLS certification
#MissionCritical RT Respiratory Sleep Polysom Tech
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.