Posted on May 4, 2021 by CHI Health Creighton University - Bergan Mercy
Your time at work should be fulfilling.
Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities.
What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
Our Histotechnicians play a huge role in supporting the healthcare team members in determining the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Our patients rely on their skills and expertise in supporting their healthcare needs and we want to add more talent to our already incredible team in our Histology department. If you have a passion for histology, we want to talk to you!
What you will do:
- Receives, accessions as required, and prepares tissues and other biological materials using accepted histological techniques; performs proper labeling, fixation, embedding, microtomy, staining, and coverslipping.
- Prepares and evaluates stains, reagents, and solutions necessary for slide preparation following established policies and procedures.
- Performs quality control, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting of instruments and stains for optimal performance.
- Follows all CAP and regulatory guidelines, demonstrating consistent adherence to national patient safety goals
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences preferred
- Successful completion of a Histotechnician/Histotechnology program preferred
- Certified - HT (ASCP) preferred
- 1 or more years of full-time experience in a histopathology lab
- Current Histotechnicians with experience in the following areas will be considered in lieu of education/certification: Fixation, Embedding/Microtomy/Processing/Staining
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.