Posted on May 4, 2021 by CHI St. Vincent Health
Incentives offered for full time employees:
Sign on bonus eligible
$7,500 for Medical Technician or $5,000 for Medical Lab Technician
CHI St. Vincent, a regional health network serving Arkansas, is part of CommonSpirit Health. We have served Arkansas since 1888 with a history of many firsts. Together with more than 4,500 coworkers, 1,000 medical staff, and 500 volunteers, we consistently receive praise for care advancements.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
CHI St. Vincent provides you with the same level of care you provide to others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement and support your work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Free Premium Membership to our program to help employees with child care, pet care, senior caregivers, housekeepers & more.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
The Medical Technologist is under general supervision and direction, performing clinical laboratory procedures. Performs high, moderate and waived complexity procedures as defined in the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act of 1988. Maintains working knowledge of theories involved in clinical testing. With increasing experience, performs specialized tests requiring a high degree of expertise and may serve in a team leader capacity as assigned.
- Conducts chemical analysis on various body fluids such as urine, blood, saliva, and bile
- Prepares blood and plasma for transfusions by performing compatibility tests
- Analyzes and identifies blood cells using a microscope
- Ensures that laboratory equipment is clean, functional, and calibrated
- Stocks and organizes laboratory supplies and maintains company inventory records
- Answers and responds to patient, physician, and vendor questions and concerns
- Compiles thorough and professional laboratory reports
- Updates and maintains knowledge base by attending workshops, reading, and participating in professional organizations
- Cleans laboratory area and adheres to sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Properly and safely disposes of hazardous and infectious waste and materials
- Respects patient confidentiality laws
- Registered (or registry eligible*) with a nationally accredited certifying agency (e.g. American Society of Clinical Pathology, American Medical Technology, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory science or allied health technologies or Associates Degree for Medical Lab Technician
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Technology Program or at least one year of experience in a clinical, analytical, or environmental laboratory.
related skills: Lab, science, blood, plasma, microbiology, ascp, hematology, chemistry, immunology, blood bank, samples, urinalysis, customer service, OSHA, compliance, test, blood pressure, dexterity, specimen collection, CLIA, Lab testing, quality control
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.