RN Staffing Coordinator- Off Shift Administration/Weekend Operations
Posted on May 4, 2021 by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Assists, supports and organizes the staff and activities of the Centralized Flex Staffing (CFS) Department, as requested by Department management and nursing leadership. Operational responsibilities include scheduling, timecards, data maintenance and communications for the department. Provide administrative clerical support with the Magnet application and processes.
- Types schedules, reports, letters, and meeting minutes in a timely fashion.
- Formats graphs and spreadsheets utilizing various software applications.
- Keeps immediate supervisor/s informed of issues/concerns and progress regarding current projects.
- Responsible for verification, processing of Agency invoices and trending of the data.
- Assists with CFS department data collection and maintenance of necessary records, as requested.
- Assists with the recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and evaluation of staff for the CFS department.
- Supervises assigned staff. Provides necessary education, orientation and support to staff.
- Processes employee timecards and communicates with employees, management, and payroll on a variety of payroll related issues.
- Schedules CFS and agency staff for requesting departments.
- Assists Associate Chief, Professional Development with various administrative, organizational, research, planning and writing tasks as requested.
MINIMAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must have three to five years of diversified secretarial experience; project management experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate strong analytic and basic statistical ability; strong written and verbal communication skills (including editing); problem solving/critical thinking ability; attention to detail; and excellent organizational skills.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.