Clinical Lab Scientist II
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Mercy Medical Center Mount Shasta
Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta is a member of the Dignity Health system of health care providers and is a not-for-profit medical facility. We are designated as a 25 bed Critical Access Hospital and are accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health care Organizations. In addition to our acute care hospital we also own and operate two Rural Health Clinics providing walk-in immediate care as well as scheduled appointments for routine medical needs. We are located in the northernmost area of California and are part of a network of care, including Mercy Medical Center Redding and St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Red Bluff. We are passionate about patient care, committed to community outreach, advocates for the underserved, and dedicated to ensuring that quality, affordable, health services are available to all who need them. For more information visit.
The incumbent performs technical work of considerable difficulty, primarily in testing patient samples through various chemical, microscopic, serological, and bacteriologic techniques requiring a significant amount of independent judgement while operating and maintaining automated equipment. The CLS II also performs such routine tasks as phlebotomy and clerical duties in support of the Laboratory. The CLS II will be responsible for a specific discipline within the Laboratory.
- Recent clinical laboratory experience required
- Bachelor's degree in one of the chemical, or biological sciences required
- Valid and current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license
- Above average communication and organizational skills, mathematical aptitude for computations, standard formulas, and precise measurements and ability to adapt to workload demands. Ability to remain calm and function efficiently during difficult or emergency situations
- Basic computer skills, ability to read and follow written instructions (i. e., policies and procedures) as well as understand and adhere to verbal directions. Ability to write policy and procedures as well as communicate verbal directions effectively
- Experience in an acute care hospital preferred
- Advanced degree in a related field preferred
- Registration with a national professional organization (AABB, ASCP, NCA) and knowledge of medical terminology
related keywords: cls, chemistry, hematology, micro, ascp, scientist, laboratory, mlt, mls, medical technologist