Network Specialist - Clinical Engineering
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Corporate Service Center
Dignity Health, one of the nation's largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2. 6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs. For more information, please visit our website at www. dignityhealth.org.
This position will support the Medical Foundation Clinics within the Market.
The Network Specialist is responsible for design, implementation and support of the Biomedical IT environment. This position provides specialized repair (radiology, biomedical and biomedical network devices.) and maintenance services to medical treatment and diagnostic equipment.
Principle Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provides specialized medical equipment repair on Biomedical IT equipment in inventory.
- Performs electrical safety testing on specialized medical equipment in inventory.
- Performs preventative maintenance/calibrations/security for specialized medical equipment in inventory.
- Provides technical/network support and assistance to Clinical Engineering technicians.
- Must be able to recommend, develop and implement Biomedical IT solutions in a moderately complex dynamic multi-site biomedical environment.
- Proactively monitor, evaluate, analyze and resolve Biomedical IT issues in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to Biomedical IT architecture, processes and support.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to information security architecture, processes and support.
- Performs product evaluations on proposed and current technology solutions; creates risk statements, summaries and presentations for management in an effort to identify, recommend and prioritize cost effective Biomedical IT solutions.
- Assists users in the specification, selection, installation, and/or administration of the various Biomedical IT related devices and software that may be attached to the network.
- Provides technical consulting to other Information Technology personnel, on an as needed basis, in the analysis of network performance.
- Lead/coordinate efforts for medical device patching and updating of firmware and/or applications appropriate for the medical device. Research medical device manufacturer's resources for approved patches and updates applicable to medical devices in all modalities.
- Knowledgeable in general cybersecurity topics and activities of protection and mitigation of devices to maintain clinical functionality.
- Completes all necessary record keeping for network environment, work orders received and finished.
- Serves as a technical resource to various departments in providing expertise in the area of Biomedical IT and participates on project task teams as assigned.
- Provides after-hours support of the data network operations consistent with the Information Technology/Clinical Engineering department on-call policies and procedures.
- Participates in hospital sponsored education relating to job function and attends all education programs deemed appropriate by Manager.
- Evaluate new Biomedical Information technology. Assist with the planning and design of future biomedical IT Equipment.
Healthcare Technology Management
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Network Engineering
- Minimum of six (6) to eight (8) years of related clinical engineering experience with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in CE network security.
- Advanced knowledge of information networking principles and best practices
- Experience with HIPAA/HITECH compliance standards
- Reliable transportation required
- A+/Network+ certification preferred
- Certification for Radiological Equipment Specialist (CRES) or Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET) certifications preferred