Posted on May 4, 2021 by Mountain Management Services
CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U. S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
Are you proficient in CPT, ICD 9/10, and HCPCS? Can you abstract codes, follow regulatory guidelines, and demonstrate clear communication? Then our Coder II position would be a great fit. Our Coders ensure appropriate coding and billing of non-physician and physician-patient services. This position is responsible for identifying compliance concerns, trends, and educational opportunities to ensure proper coding, documentation, and accuracy of billing. This department recently expanded and supports TN, GA, TX, and KY.
We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
Free Membership to our program supporting any child care, pet care, or adult dependent needs
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
Flexible spending accounts
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
Matching Retirement Programs
If you are passionate about the patient experience and ready to join our nationally recognized hospital, connect with us today!
- Document, assign, CPT, ICD-9/10, and HCPCS codes into the appropriate billing systems
- Organizational coding production and quality standards
- NCCI and MUE edits
- Review and resolve coding denials
- Professional communication
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Coding Certification through American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) as Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Coding Specialist Physician Based (CCS-P) OR the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Minimum of three years of physician coding experience
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies, procedures, standards, systems and tools applicable to medical records coding, documentation requirements and medical terminology.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team with multiple priorities and deadline constraints
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information
- Four years physician coding experience
- Previous Electronic Health Record experience
- One year multi-specialty physician coding
Problem Solving, regulatory, reporting, customer service, medical terminology, Lawson, Ambulatory application, coder, coding, software, implementation, design, AHIMA, CCS, AAPC, CCS-P, CPC, physician coding, Electronic Health Record, #missioncritical
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.