Posted on May 4, 2021 by Mountain Management Services
CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U. S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
As a Financial Counselor, you will work diligently with our patients to assist them in navigating their financial options. We are dedicated to providing exceptional patient experience, and you play a crucial role in providing information to patients on costs, payment methods and alternatives to payments, including charity care. You will work proactively with clinic staff to identify the financial assistance needs of our patients. This department recently expanded and supports TN. GA, TX, and KY.
We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
Free Membership to our program supporting any child care, pet care, or adult dependent needs
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
Flexible spending accounts
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
Matching Retirement Programs
If you are passionate about the patient experience and ready to join our nationally recognized hospital, connect with us today!
- Knowledge of accounting, credit, collection laws, current insurance and government financial assistance programs and regulations, as well as clinic financial options, payment alternatives, insurance billing/authorization requirements
- Knowledge of federal and state payor requirements (Medicare, DSHS, HMO/PPO Contracts), medical terminology, abbreviations and coding protocols (e.g./ ICD-10),
- Ability to explain reimbursement questions regarding health-plan eligibility, benefit issues, co-pay requirements and medical referral requirements, billing processes, hospital and clinic statements and availability of financial assistance, alternative medical financing and assists in completion of applications and/or contracts in order to meet patient needs while assuring maximum reimbursement
- Receive and process charity care and/or financial assistance applications, work with health insurance providers to determine coverage and benefit limits
- Verify financial information to determine insurance coordination of benefits, pre-certification/prior authorization requirements, estimates of procedures, calculates payments requirement, and informs patient of acceptable payment arrangements on balance, both current and previous
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 - 4 years related experience
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication and people skills
Medicare, DSHS, HMO/PPO Contracts, ICD-10, Accounting, medical back office, Hospital Billing, Physician Billing, Payment, Problem Solving, regulatory, reporting, customer service, medical terminology, medical billing, medical records, insurance, reimbursement, payer regulations, #missioncritical , CSR
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.