Heavy Duty Production Worker
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Gates Corporation
Poplar Bluff, MO United States
Production - Hourly
- Great team culture that works together to get the job done
- Eligible for benefits in 30 days or less, including 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off - starting at a max of 21 days per year!
- Retention Bonus: $500 after 6 weeks of employment
- Quarterly Attendance Bonus :$1,000
- Employee Discounts - computers, vehicles, amusement park tickets, gym memberships, and more!
- In Poplar Bluff, we specialize in the production of curved hoses, created in all sizes and dimensions
- Our process starts with raw materials -heated, and shaped around a metal mandrel to meet specific orders. When finished, our hoses are marked with the Gates logo and shipped to customers around the world.
- A Vulcanizer will spend most of their workday verifying raw stock to cut schedule and mandrel loading, loading raw material on mandrels, removing cured product and placing into wash bins, identifying and sorting cured product prior to placing in proper product cages, examining materials to ensure conformance, track scrap, and post data into MES.
- Pay Rate:
- $15.00 to start with a top out of $20.00 by the end of your first year
- Shifts available:
- 2 nd Shift (3:00 PM - 11:00 PM; Monday - Friday)
- 3 rd Shift (11:00 PM - 7:00 AM); (Sunday-Thursday)
- Must be able to perform physical tasks, lifting up to 50 lbs, and working in close proximity to others
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week, plus overtime, with reliable and consistent attendance
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality standards
- Must be able to work in high heat and humidity, and may be exposed to high noise and solvent
- Basic reading, math, computer, and measurement skills required
- Must have good communication skills, with the ability to carry out written and verbal instruction
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without sponsorship