Furniture Repair Technician - we will train!
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Jordan's Furniture
Do you like working with your hands, have the motivation to learn a new trade and understand the importance of customer service? Our Furniture Repair Technician Apprentices are trained to fully repair all furniture whether it be stitching upholstery; wood and leather repairs, or repairing mechanisms in motion furniture, while in the customers' homes. Using our company vans, our Furniture Repair Technicians travel to our customers' homes to perform in home repairs and provide excellent customer service.
This is a 4-month apprenticeship where you will be promoted once completing the training program. Training will be based out of our Nashua , NH Warehouse. Jordan's will pay your mileage, hotels and meals. Once training is complete, the position is based out of Portland, ME store and will work a schedule of Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 7:00 am - 5:30 pm. The starting pay is $18.50 per hour, with a $1.00 per hour increase once training is complete.
great place to work
- Refinishes and patches damaged furniture including paint, stain, enamel or lacquers; mixes paints and stains to match existing finish
- Repairs, replaces and rebuilds damaged leather or upholstery furniture or mechanical parts
- Sets up and operates such tools as power drills, sanders, saws, and other tools required for repair
- Completes repair related paperwork and other documentation as required
- Safely drives company van to customers' homes to assess and repair damaged furniture
- Effectively educates and informs customers on repair techniques and/or warranty programs
- Must be able to lift up to 110 pounds
- Must have a valid license and possess a safe driving record
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively in difficult customer situations
- Must have a positive and professional demeanor
- Must maintain a professional appearance at all times
Jordan's offers the following:
- Stability - We are a financially stable company that is growing.
- Longevity - The average tenure of our employees is an average of 11 years of service
- Growth - The majority of our supervisors have been promoted from within
- Employee Benefits - Health & Wellness Benefits, Paid Time Off (15 days in your first year), Employee Discount, Onsite Gym for our employees
Jordan's Furniture is a leader in the furniture retail market. We are a growing, stable company that is built on family values. Attracting and retaining great employees is one of our top priorities. If you're ready to make a difference in your career, we are interested in speaking with you! Jordan's Furniture is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees.
Jordan 's Furniture is an Equal Opportunity Employer