Senior Communications Research Analyst
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Cision
Cision Ltd is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision's Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams' campaigns. Cision has over 4,500 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit and follow us on
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We'd love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
As a Communications Senior Research Analyst, you will analyze traditional and social media data, write and present reports, maintain client relationships, ensure data integrity, review coders' work and provide feedback, and develop sector expertise. The primary responsibility of the Senior Data Analyst is to deliver complete, accurate and timely data to the project team for use as the foundation for in-depth, customized client reporting. This requires ongoing monitoring, review and assignment of media content, regular process and quality checks, and communication with internal and external teams to ensure efficient workflow. A successful SRA is a self-starter requiring minimal day-to-day supervision and should collaborate well with colleagues. He/She works with a complexity of problems from easy to moderately complex with guidance and should be well-versed in all aspects of the platform(s) required for the work.
You'll help us with:
- Ongoing monitoring, review and assignment of media content, regular process and quality checks, and communication with internal and external teams to ensure efficient workflow.
- Database management
- Data preparation, generation and manipulation
- Data quality assurance
- Articulating complex metrics across diverse audiences
- Data visualization
- Report presentations
- Report writing
- Other tasks as directed and assigned
- Background in research (media, marketing, demographic, social science, etc.) desirable but not essential
- 3 - 5 years experience
- Bachelor's degree or comparable education/experience
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Aptitude for learning computer systems and databases
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Tableau a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to easily identify changing priorities
- Ability to take and give constructive direction and feedback
- Ability to work independently with general direction, or as part of a team
- General interest in the effect of media on industry. Retail/Hospitality industry knowledge a plus.
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge , the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60-1.4
Please see EEO is the law and EEO is the Law Supplement .
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision's commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.
" Cision endeavors to make #jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Recruiting at . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications."