Senior Data Analyst
Posted on May 4, 2021 by FedEx Services
Company: FedEx Services
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Job Requisition Number: RC358366
Category: Decision Science & Analytics
Pay Type: Exempt
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Job Description Summary:
- Under moderate supervision, designs and implements processes and solutions associated with a wide variety of data sets used for data/text mining, and analysis to enable informed business decisions. Gains insight into key business problems and deliverables by applying statistical analysis techniques to examine structured and unstructured data from multiple disparate sources. With moderate direction, creates solutions from initial concept to production. Communicates results to a broad range of audiences. Effectively uses current and emerging technologies to evaluate trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management, via understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis. Typically uses data, statistical and quantitative analysis, limited modeling, and fact-based management to drive decision making. Mentors less senior staff. Works in cross functional projects and programs. Routinely presents to management.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, engineering, operations research, economics or Finance.
- Five (5) years work experience in measurement and analysis, quantitative business problem solving, operations analysis ,marketing analysis, simulation development and/or predictive analytics.
- Proficient in analytics software and applications.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Skills/Knowledge/Experience Considered a Plus:
- Strong intellectual curiosity, innovation, problem solving skills, initiative, sound judgment, resourcefulness
- Customer focus. Result oriented
- Planning, project management, communications and presentation skills
- Strong competency in SQL, Python
- Familiarity with Power BI, Tibco Spotfire, Tableau or other visualization tool
- Knowledge with Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or other Cloud, Big Data environments
- Familiarity with fullstack development: Spring Boot, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, RESTful web services, HTML
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Familiarity with data science methods, machine learning, statistical methods, artificial intelligence.
- Ability to analyze data, ensure quality, interpret results, provide written and visual summaries of analysis, build and communicate business solutions
- This position will be located in Collierville, Tennessee. Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs.
- Upload current copy of Resume (Microsoft Word or PDF version) and answer job screening questions to apply by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on May 7, 2021.
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee, unless undue hardship or a direct threat would result from the accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact .
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.