Software Developer Advisor
Posted on May 4, 2021 by FedEx Services
Company: FedEx Services
Job Title: Software Developer Advisor
Job Requisition Number: RC347724
Category: Information Technology
Pay Type: Exempt
Uniontown, Ohio 44685
Cleveland, Ohio 44135
Akron, Ohio 44301
Job Summary: Provides leadership and initiative in a team environment. Ensures application of systems thinking principles allowing team members to independently design, code, test, and deploy software. Provide the necessary documentation to support the software Development Life Cycle. Develop prototypes and solutions leveraging a diverse range of technology. Apply modern principles, methodologies, tools, and systemic processes to support the launch new business capabilities. Lead the resolution of complex problems. Mentor development of those in less senior positions.
Duties/Responsibilities: Be visible across functional areas and gather business partner feedback.
- Capture business partner 's expectations, preferences, and needs.
- Assist with backlog grooming and prioritization
- Scope and define new applications and applications features at a high level.
- Identify new application candidates.
- Assist in defining application requirements.
- Assist in building application specific roadmaps.
- Influence application direction within the company.
- Assist in building overall system capability roadmap.
- Assist in determining business-case and feasibility.
- Assist Architecture and Standards team in building technology roadmaps.
- Provide input into portfolio budgeting process.
- Design, code, and test solutions.
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Assist in enforcement of development deadlines and schedules.
- High Level analysis and design including dependencies and timeline for completion.
- Lead and/or assist in resolution of complex production problems. Mentor development of those in less senior positions
Abilities/Knowledge/Skills Considered a Plus:
- MercuryGate TMS Experience
- System configuration
- MercuryGate DRS Design and Coding
- Customer and Carrier rating configuration
- API integration
- Data import/export and reporting
- SAFe Agile
- API Development
- 3rd party system integration
- Spring Boot
Domicile: This position will be domiciled in Uniontown OH, Akron, OH and Cleveland, OH
Remote Work: The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need.
Relocation: Relocation assistance may be available based on business need.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree or equivalent formal training, certifications, or work experience in coding. Four (4) years qualifying work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may off set the relate experience requirements.
Application Criteria: To be considered, please upload a copy of your current resume to include beginning and ending dates for each employer/position and answer job screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on Wednesday, May 05, 2021.
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee, unless undue hardship or a direct threat would result from the accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact .