Sr. Revenue Science Analyst
Posted on May 4, 2021 by FedEx Services
Company: FedEx Services
Job Title: Sr. Revenue Science Analyst
Job Requisition Number: RC362232
Category: Decision Science & Analytics
Pay Type: Exempt
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
- Under minimum supervision, assumes lead roles in medium revenue threshold projects.
- Key contributor to analyze business problems of up to medium complexity.
- Generates computer aided quantitative and statistical business analysis by leveraging advanced tools and scientific modeling approaches related to customer analytics, market analysis and forecasting in support of the organization's global strategies.
- Assists in synthesizing analytical views from various business dimensions in support of business decisions based on business plans, actual or forecast enterprise performance, products, channels, automation types, industry, competition, market and customer segments. Determines go-to-market tactics related to specific target customers, markets and products in term of marketing communication and sales calls.
- Typically works in tandem with peers from other groups, independently attends cross-functional meetings and discussions to understand analytical requirements across enterprise business functions.
- Demonstrates excellence in computer aided decision support (utilize computer languages or packages to analyze data and generate reports, presentations or insights in business, mathematics, economics, computer science, or other quantitative field such as engineering/operation research). SAS, SQL, UNIX and fourth-generation programming languages.
- Mentors and trains professionals in less senior positions within the team on quantitative data analysis.
- Provides updates and reports to upper management (typically within the department).
- Master's Degree in business, mathematics, economics, computer science or other quantitative fields such as engineering/operations research.
- Two (2) years work experience in business, mathematics, economics, computer science, or other quantitative fields such as engineering/operations research, in an analytical, quantitative or technical role.
- One (1) year of experience or coursework with the following skills (skills can be gained concurrently with education):computer aided decision support (utilize computer languages or packages to analyze data and generate reports, presentation or insights in business, mathematics, economics, computer science or other quantitative field such as engineering/operations research), SAS, SQL, Unix or any fourth-generation programming language.
- Strong human relations, communications and analytical skills.
- More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements.
Job Specific Information:
On this job, you will:
- Continuously learn how FedEx can grow and thrive in the future by applying global intelligence to our network strategy and optimize our air network (Purple Tail) versus Partner network;
- Manage our effort to transform FedEx International planning process by coordinating Marketing and Air Network strategies globally;
- Apply your data science and analytical skills to lead and coordinate assessment of key FedEx international growth strategy and initiatives and their implication for FedEx, through managing and coordinating efforts with FedEx world regions and cross functional teams;
- Use your story telling and presentation skills to consolidate global input and enable FedEx leadership to make critical decisions on our growth strategies;
- Stay current on market dynamics on air cargo and global logistics trends and development, understanding how competitive and customer trends impact strategic and tactical decision making.
Skills/Knowledge Considered A Plus:
- Knowledge of FedEx global network; Experience with strategy assessment and competitive analysis;
- Project management experience working with global teams in the regions;
- Strong communication and storytelling skills for executive leadership presentation.
- This position is currently located in Memphis, Tennessee. Ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business needs. Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs.
- Upload current copy of Resume (Microsoft Word or PDF version) and answer job screening questions to apply by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on May 7, 2021.
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee, unless undue hardship or a direct threat would result from the accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact .