Director of Engineering
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Frontier Communication
This position is responsible for leading the OSP engineering effort for the FTTx program in the assigned geographic footprint. This includes selecting expansion locations that align with the company's strategic focus and then ensuring that projects are engineered in compliance with company design standards. This position will interface with many other teams both internal and external to ensure success. They oversee an organization comprised of managers and individual contributors to deliver on key financial goals and meet all project deadlines to effectively complete tasks at or below budget. They must be able to set objectives, determine appropriate strategies, and necessary tactics to deliver on key Performance Indicator objectives. This position is responsible for overseeing the engineering of the outside plant segment of FTTx services that include residential, commercial, and multi-dwelling unit properties.
- Direct oversight of Managers, Engineers, and contract vendors to drive a culture of performance.
- Review, maintain and adjust FTTH Capital budget. Review, audit, approve FTTH projects
- Engineering FTTH liaison to other associated teams (Material Procurement, Construction, Marketing, Sales and Regulatory)
- Requires a Bachelor's degree/Masters and 8 to 10 years of experience in field or engineering related areas
- Proven financial acumen with the ability to manage and adhere to Capital and Expense budgets
- Knowledge of FTTH, Copper, and OSP networking, along with a good understanding of External Resource Sourcing.
- Proficient in all engineering tools, BDT, BSA, Infinium, Varasset, FROGs, DSAT, and other key systems
- Relies on previous experience adjusted for current circumstances to plan and execute goals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to work well with cross-functional teams, ability to understand complex designs and projects
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with end-users, business owners, executives, and other teams
- Requires an end-to-end understanding of OSP, Planning, Engineering, and Construction
- Employee advocate creating a positive work environment by listening and responding to employee feedback, issues, questions, and concerns in a timely manner.
- Must understand mechanisms for building team performance, create and deliver on key departmental KPI's
- Intrastate travel required > 10%, also regional and national travel, and must be able to operate a company vehicle. Responsibilities will require evening and weekend work based on business needs.
- Able to make decisions with financial implications Frontier Nationally within Outside Plant
- Must adhere to all state rules, laws, and agency orders applicable to telecommunications carriers
- Ability to make final decisions for large and small scope projects with minimal oversight combines decision making with key leaders AVP/VP final approval.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.