Cable Technical Specialist
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Frontier Communication
This is a position responsible for running cabling within new or existing buildings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run cable to designated locations, jack and test
- Use of a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, computer-based tools, and materials handling equipment in performing duties
- Performs other related duties
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to process work with accuracy
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Be well organized and pay close attention to detail
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Work overtime as needed
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Commitment to company values
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, hand or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.