Inventory Control Clerk
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Memorial Health
To facilitate the movement of inventory of medical supplies and equipment and complete their timely delivery. This includes the specific patient-care and departmental-support materials and/or equipment, subject to customer need.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience with customer service, inventory control, or medical products and equipment is preferred.
- Proficiency with computer applications. Experience with Microsoft Excel required.
- Possesses good math and keyboarding skills.
- Practice good verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
- Should be able to consistently conduct behavior in a controlled and professional manner that leads to good working relationships with co-workers, customers, patients, and visitors.
- Possesses the ability to regularly lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds and safely operate material handling equipment including larger transport carts.
- Be able to stay on feet for extended periods and walk extended distances.
- Be able to work under stress to provide maximum customer-service levels.
- Demonstrates the ability to work autonomously while completing multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- May have contact with needles, sharp instruments, or other puncture-causing items.
- Possible external and internal irritants such as cleaning agents, solutions, or gasses and may be exposed to infectious materials.
- Behavior should be as follows:
- Conduct self in a cooperative and considerate manner, being mindful of patient/visitor/customer needs and impressions and MMC department needs, impressions, policies, and procedures.
- Observe and practice good "Guest Relations" skills.
- Participate as a team member in achieving MMC and department goals and objectives.
- Act as a positive, cooperative department representative.
- Task assignments will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Conducting scheduled and unscheduled physical inspections and cycle counts of inventory.
- Receives and stocks inventory materials, supplies, and equipment in the department.
- Picking and delivering re-supply inventory materials for par locations, scheduled orders, patient orders, special orders, etc. within accepted timeframes.
- Completes the necessary documentation associated with the receiving, stocking, distribution, and inventory of products and equipment.
- Enters inventory data into an electronic database for the purpose of tracking, monitoring, and documenting inventory levels and movement of durable equipment.
- Contacts other internal and external sources to secure inventory items, if necessary, and coordinates their delivery.
- Handling and transporting floor-stock medications from Pharmacy to procedural area per the Medication Handling, Security, and Access by Non-licensed Hospital Staff Policy and Procedure.
- As needed, collects, decontaminates, and processes durable medical equipment for circulation throughout the facility including equipment that may contain medication. Must possess knowledge of what devices are used for and how this equipment is decontaminated, following appropriate guidelines.
- Anticipates and recognizes urgent situations, problems (or potential problems) while showing an awareness of and responding to customer needs appropriately; takes action to resolve these issues to produce the most desirable outcome.
- Complete additional cross training as determined appropriate by supervisor.
- Assist with the orientation, training, and cross training of new and/or existing staff as determined appropriate by supervisor.
- Attend and constructively participate in educational events, informational opportunities, operational committees, and work groups as determined appropriate by supervisor.
- Carry out routine and non-routine assignments in a constructive, cooperative manner, with emphasis on quality and timeliness.
- Responsible for team effort in addition to maintaining specific routine assignments, assists other staff members with task completion and appropriate training.
- Responsible for condition of equipment, work environment, and MMC property. Should be able to identify and report abnormalities in equipment performance, willing to protect MMC property, and report damage. Willing to keep work areas neat and clean.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.