Posted on May 4, 2021 by Sentry
At Sentry, our business is built around people. And we pride ourselves on the promise to deliver efficient and effective services. We are currently seeking a result driven individual to fulfill a critical part in underwriting of policies. As one of our premier Underwriters, you'll be part of a team that stimulates production through independent agencies and then reviews insurance applications and evaluates their potential risk to Sentry.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our Underwriters within Sentry's Regional unit work closely with independent agents to underwrite, price and program individual policies/accounts. This position resides at the Charlotte, NC Regional office. You will:
• Underwrite multi-line accounts
• Provide feedback to sales teams and underwriting management regarding trends and issues within their assigned territory, and provide solutions
• Work with other business functions to ensure service and quality objectives are met
• Demonstrate an understanding of the insurance marketplace and emerging industry issues
• Complete assigned project work requiring a high level of technical knowledge
• Perform other job-related duties including training, presenting, attending sales meetings, traveling to agents, participating in audits, and covering desks for other Underwriters
WHAT IT TAKES
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• 7-10 years of related work experience including Construction Industry underwriting experience
• Previous Commercial Property Casualty insurance underwriting experience
• Completed insurance courses such as IIA and/or CPCU preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of commercial multi-line product line insurance concepts and terminology
• Excellent analytical, human relations and communication skills
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent , plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
HOW YOU'LL APPLY
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry-more than 4,000 associates-have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!