Software Product Analyst
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Sentry
OVERVIEW Sentry Insurance is seeking a Software Product Analyst to join our IT team. As a Software Product Analyst, you will leverage your basic knowledge of software development and gain experience working with end-users and software engineers, helping to ensure that our business software is highly functional, intuitive and meets or exceeds expectations. This position can be filled as a Software Product Analyst or Software Product Analyst Senior depending on the selected candidate's related experience and qualifications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO Our strategic Software Product Analysts at Sentry are essential to our success of continuing to be innovative and competitive. As an Analyst you'll:
- Participate in discussions and interact with business users in our accounts receivable and finance areas and customers to fully understand their business processes and work environment. Observe how they use software systems to do their job, and brainstorm ways to help them be more efficient and effective.
- Learn to write crisp, concise requirements and user scenarios that clearly capture what the users want and help engineering bring them to life in software.
- Learn to create comprehensive test cases to validate new system features. Work closely with engineering to ensure the system works and performs as intended. Work to anticipate users' actions to find hidden system defects.
- Gain a full understanding of how we develop software and provide ideas and perspective on how we could do it better. Develop a basic technical understanding. Be able to explain the technical building blocks and how information flows within our systems to users of the applications.
WHAT IT TAKES
- Associate's Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred. Degree in Management Information Systems or related field is a plus.
- Related work experience.
- Possesses and leverages analytical and critical thinking skills to enhance processes and improve service levels.
- Communications skills, human relations skills, organizational skills, and the ability to lead small groups.
- Insurance background desired
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, and SQL beneficial.
- Previous experience in agile development processes, including prioritization, backlog management, and requirements review desired.
- This position could be a Senior Software Product Analyst with the right candidate.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent , plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
HOW YOU'LL APPLY If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
ABOUT SENTRY All of us at Sentry-more than 4,000 associates-have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST Thank you for your interest in Sentry!