Essential Worker Machine Operator up to $21.99/hr
Posted on May 4, 2021 by McKesson
- McKesson is seeking dynamic & engaging individuals to fill multiple Material Handler roles in our distribution center located in Manteno, IL.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career as a Material Handler - starting pay is $17.45/hour + benefits, or an additional $4.54 per hour, and Monthly Performance Incentives!
We currently have the following shift available to add to our team:
Monday - Friday: Various shifts available
If we piqued your interest in learning more about McKesson, we encourage you to apply by clicking SUBMIT Below.
If you are passionate about inspiring, motivating, and assisting our team, this opportunity could further enhance our journey and we want to hear from you. Day to day we will be servicing our customers in receiving the medical supplies needed to improve their quality of life. From day one, you will be able to create a positive culture for the entire Distribution Center, that reinforces our McKesson values.
The Material Handler job may involve:
- Performing the physical tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing medical products
- Pulls and fills orders.
- Working with RF Scanning equipment to maintain records of merchandise shipped, as well as examine, stock, and distribute materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
- Preparing goods for final shipment.
- Will use power equipment including, but not limited to forklift, hand tools, and other devices operated in a warehouse environment while maintaining the highest level of productivity and accuracy.
- Standing and engaging in repetitive movement throughout the entire shift.
- Extensive walking and mandatory overtime as needed is required.
- Passion around working for a leading healthcare distribution company focused on distributing pharmaceuticals to more than 40,000 customers ranging from retail chains, independent retail pharmacies, hospitals, health systems, and other healthcare facilities.
- If you like the sound of these job tasks and perks, then starting your career as a Material Handler is right for you!
- Keep Your Edge - Stay mentally sharp throughout your shift picking, checking, or packing orders as you strategically get the job done.
- Stay Fit -Get your workout in as you bend, twist, lift up to 50lbs, and walk extensive miles per shift.
- Take advantage of possible on the job training to operate power equipment and get certified!
- Our Distribution Centers is climate controlled and utilizes state of the art systems & equipment.
- Stay comfortable while working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment!
- 0-1+ year experience.
- Prefer experience working with Warehouse Equipment (Power Industrial Equipment, Forklift, Cherry Picker, Pallet Jack, etc.).
- The ability to read, write, speak and understand English in order to work independently and to communicate about, understand and follow job and safety-related instructions and rules.
- Working knowledge of Material Handling issues.
- Work experience in a fast-paced, distribution, or warehouse environment or stock room strongly preferred; picking/packing, sorting, loading/unloading, scanning, quality inspection, or various other warehouse functions.
- The ability to work the hours listed above, in addition to overtime. *Overtime in most Distribution Centers is mandatory and typically occurs M-W due to our real-time commitments to our customers.
- Strong reading, addition, and subtraction skills needed to manage order specific documentation.
- HS Diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability to lift 20 to 50lbs repetitively throughout the course of a shift without assistance (weight varies based on product).
- Must be able to bend, sit, stand, twist, stoop for long periods of time.
- Able to walk up to 10 miles throughout the course of a shift (steps vary per shift).
- Working with RF scanning equipment.