Posted on May 4, 2021 by CSL Behring
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Provide leadership and oversight for key high-risk Tier 1 and 2 CAPEX projects for Kankakee site liaising closely with Global Engineering, HR and Value Streams leaders. Leads and directs highly complex, large-scale, cross-functional high value capacity expansion projects with diverse project teams, in alignment with CSL strategic and operational priorities Form and lead an appropriately resourced cross functional team that includes technical design and construction team to ensure
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of Front-End-Loading (FEL) to develop sufficient project definition so that CSL can make investment decisions, minimize risk and maximize the potential for success.
- Business inputs into the project design and construction are understood and project scope is controlled. Manage all program aspects including business case (ROI, NPV, and COGS), capital budgeting and spending, technology/vendor selection, contract negotiations, staffing, long term planning, project execution and construction management.
- Coordination of internal and external communications
- Appropriate interface between all functions (Facilities Management, Workplace Innovation, HR, Finance, Procurement, etc.). Collaborates to set direction on business strategy and targets to achieve financial and business results
- Proven experience in having E2E responsibilities from Engineering through Operational Readiness.
- Advise board and executive leadership on execution strategy and organize Project Steering committee's meeting and agenda's. Report on project status to Sponsor and Steering Committee and to corporate leadership.
- Monitor regional capital projects and escalate/troubleshoot where there are concerns about being delivered on time, within budget and scope, and meeting safety and regulatory standards. Sets Key Performance Indicators and Final Project Objectives for project.
- Drive innovation to reduce cost and schedule by ensuring Project Delivery Process, Flawless Project Execution, best practices, benchmarking, and industry learning are applied to all capital projects.
This role will have a wide focus requiring an understanding of how to integrate the activities of numerous areas of technical, operational, and business expertise and align them toward accomplishing common goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Lead planning and execution of strategic capital investment to establish production capacity for a unique pharmaceutical product that will drive US market growth.
- Oversight and accountability for overall safety performance of the project.
- Lead and deliver site master planning options based on network volume forecasts.
- Deliver additional capacities for strategic products from design to licensed facility
- Strong decision-making skills. Able to drive issues to closure, soliciting appropriate input and stakeholder engagement
- Broad experience in managing large and complex programs
- Technically savvy, can relate to and understand complex technology based issues
- Understands business needs and can relate these to engineering concepts
- Process-oriented, process knowledgeable,
- Natural leader and good listener
- Excellent problem-solving skills when managing potential conflicts within regions when implementing global standards and guidelines. Understanding complex technical/regulatory issues impacting products.
- Control progress of projects, identify deviations from target with respect to safety, quality, cash flow management, budget, timeline and project scope and initiate countermeasures by means of efficient project controlling and scheduling processes as well as applied and tracked adequate Key Performance Indicators
- Focuses on customers' requirements enabling a high standard of effectiveness
- Anticipates problems and potential risks while creating contingency plans
- Transfers ideas and successes across boundaries
- Strong Project management including:
-Assignment and tracking of action items
-Influencing skills to get key actions prioritized by the team
-Anticipating and mitigating bottlenecks
-Ability to break roadblocks and catalyze decision making
- Assures effective prioritization of interdependent project activities.
- Works closely with Sponsors, Steering Committees, and functional leaders to overcome obstacles to project success.
Leadership of People and Teams
- Strong communication skills, Change management experience, Cross function team leadership
- Recognized leader within the cross-functional business experience. Track record of developing and maintaining strong partnerships at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to lead and motivate remote and virtual teams and stakeholders
- Builds, develops and manages teams of direct reports
- Promotes high employee engagement and positive work environment
- Build and sustain employee engagement by creating a culture of efficient execution and an environment in which individuals and teams can excel and continuously improve.
- Highly effective project management with a keen understanding of interdependencies.
- Strong oversight of vendor and procurement management, including sequencing receiving, staging and installation activities.
- Working knowledge of:
-Start-up processes and Commissioning & Qualification
-Principles for Engineering Design in a regulated industry (GMP & GEP)
Communication and Change Management
- Directs the transition to operations, including training and user adoption of related processes.
- Assures access to subject matter experts with the requisite capabilities to support project definition and planning as required to successfully complete the project work.
- Assures that documentation is kept current, clear and transparent and is communicated as appropriate.
- Escalates key decisions, issues, risks and opportunities as required to achieve objectives.
Situation Analysis and Initiation
- Helps to translate CSL strategic and operational priorities into projects designed to deliver intended value by supporting the development of the Kankakee Site Development Strategy.
- Assures that situational analysis provides the data required to well characterize projects.
- Assures that projects have well developed target value and directs the identification of work to achieve intended value.
- Oversees the identification of resource requirements and project costs.
- Accountable for developing/defending the business case with project managers, sponsor, and key stakeholders.
- Assures that required project resources are identified and secured to complete the work of the project.
- Directs the development of project schedules with timelines and interdependencies for all tasks and the identification of key milestones.
- Assures appropriate identification and assessment of risks and opportunities related to the project.
Project Implementation and Closeout
- Directs the project organization in monitoring and controlling planned Time, Cost and Performance (Scope) against actuals, and the identification, reporting and resolution of all significant variances where they exist.
- Assures that all financial aspects of the project are properly managed.
- Monitors for effective use of resources (human capital and other resources).
- Assures effective issue, risk and opportunity management in order to protect the project plan and maximize delivered value.
- Assures that the project is closed out properly following completion, including summary reports and lessons learned.
- Supports value realization efforts throughout the project and at closeout.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering,
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in project management
- Experience in biotech/pharmaceutical ..... click apply for full job details