Manufacturing Infrastructure Delivery Architect
Posted on May 4, 2021 by CSL Behring
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Through close engagement with key stakeholders of the local site's manufacturing/engineering automation environments, develop a thorough understanding of the systems, processes and technology demands within this area, specific to the local site, but also an understanding of the global manufacturing/engineering automation systems' processes and technology strategy. Leveraging this understanding, lead/drive the provision of Infrastructure related support, continuous improvement, solution design, and project initiatives to these areas by working closely with the relevant Infrastructure pillars and cross functional I&T teams.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Project Management / Solution Delivery
Participates in Project Review Status meetings and Steering Committees as required to ensure project scope, cost, schedule and quality are in alignment. Additionally, provide leadership and oversight of other project roles when needed such as validation and design lead.
- Drive the design, build and support of global standard infrastructure technologies/platforms into the local manufacturing/engineering automation environments
- Provide escalation support for complex infrastructure issues within the local site's manufacturing/engineering automation environments
- Support the Global I&T Infrastructure & Operations group to migrate or replace existing legacy/non-standard system architectures
- Develop/support designs for secure integration of computerized systems into the local site's manufacturing/engineering automation networks
- Develop/support solutions to increase security maturity and reduce cyber risk within the local site's manufacturing/engineering automation networks, aligned to the global Infrastructure and Security strategies
- Support the maintaining of integrity, availability, backup and security of manufacturing/engineering automation data
- Support formal quality processes, following CSL's I&T Quality Management System (change management, documentation, qualification/validation etc.), for I&T Infrastructure systems/platforms supporting GxP or non GxP systems and processes within the manufacturing/engineering automation environments to ensure Quality/Compliance KPIs are met
- Support internal/external audits focused on I&T Infrastructure systems/platforms within the local site's manufacturing/engineering automation environments
Ensure that the infrastructure team (including non-employees) are trained and complying with the appropriate regulatory guidelines (e.g. cGMP), global I&T procedures, I&T standards, I&T practices and Computer Systems Validation methodology as defined by QMS (global I&T Quality Management System) and based upon the application business function. Ensure audit findings are closed within agreed timelines.
Strategy and Roadmap
Work with key stakeholders to understand their manufacturing vision and roadmaps. Socialize and get buy-in for improvements from key stakeholders. Influence automation of technology and processes to improve efficiencies.
- Analyze and advise on the expected benefits, impacts, opportunities, etc. of any proposed initiative;
- Drive maturity and innovation into the operating model and insert automation/tools into all solutions;
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure Engineering team in the development of new solutions;
Participate, as assigned, in the management of specific cost centers, in the annual budgeting process (Opex and Capex), periodic forecasting activities, on-going expense management (ensuring compliance with delegation of authority limits), project cost tracking and capital recovery process. Develop capital expenditure proposals and cost I&T projects as required
Responsible, in conjunction with Global Sourcing when applicable) for managing the vendor relationship including; selection, negotiation, establishing service levels (SLAs), monitoring and reviewing performance and contract management
• Establishing of good relationship with global vendors like Siemens, Cisco, etc....
• Support global sourcing in case of contract negotiation for CSL wide contracts.
Understands total configurations in manufacturing hardware/software and how they interface with the manufacturing network and other systems.
Maintain a working knowledge of current technologies and best practices related to the manufacturing infrastructure area. Provide technical leadership, propose and assess design solutions, evaluate vendor technology and consider industry trends and future requirements.
Bachelor's degree/Master degree or equivalent; education preferably concentrated in IT, Engineering, Business or Science; MBA desirable.
• 7+ years' experience in IT Infrastructure, preferably in the support of Manufacturing Execution Systems.
• Experience in successfully handling complex and unique situations.
• Strong customer focus - able to meet the demands of internal and external customers.
• Multi-tasking - can manage several concurrent projects and prioritize demands.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Pharma/Biotech or similarly regulated environment experience desirable.
• Ability to work across a range of countries and cultures.
• Preferred 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience including experience in influencing senior management and critical stakeholders.
Worker Sub Type: