Manager Psych (Geripsych)
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville
SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Manager you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Memorial Health Jacksonville, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Memorial Health Jacksonville, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing and directing functions to ensure the effective operation of the unit. In cooperation with the leadership team, the Manager will be instrumental in developing plans, policies and procedures to efficiently provide quality care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
- You will ensure effective, flexible utilization of staff within staffing guidelines, taking into consideration the staff's competency and patient acuity
- You will evaluate staff performance and work-related behavior per policies, obtaining information from appropriate personnel utilizing effective coaching to enhance the performance of the employee
- You will model leadership behavior, set expectations for team work and hold staff accountable for performance
- You will be demonstrate effectiveness in planning for future needs by budget preparation on an annual basis, monitoring monthly reports to ensure that the department stays within budget constraints
- You will participate in the organization's educational programs and support the community outreach program, while maintaining advanced practice study
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State which you practice or must hold Compact/Multi-State RN License
- Master's Degree in psychiatric or mental health nursing or its equivalent from an accredited school of nursing. 5 years of psychiatric registered nursing experience may be substituted for Master's Degree.
- A current BLS and ACLS from American Heart Association (AHA or American Red Cross) are required; Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) certification is required within 30 days
- 2+ years of psychiatric nursing experience as a registered nurse in the specialty areas of psychiatry; 1+ years of supervisory/leadership experience
Fully accredited by the Joint Commission of Accreditation (JCA), we are known as a leader in innovative healthcare with a reputation maintained throughout our excellent staff, along with technologist advances, growth and expansion to meet the ongoing needs of our community. Memorial has a team of 800 physicians and a highly skilled work force of more than 1,800 employees, all with the mission of providing the community the highest quality of healthcare.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Manager opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
\ We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.