Senior Software (ASP.NET/.NET/C#) Engineer - Portland
Posted on May 4, 2021 by CDKGlobal
Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We're building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It's time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It's time you were a part of something bigger.
We're expanding our workforce - engineers, architects, developers and more - onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you're ready for high-impact, you're ready for CDK.
CDK Service API Engineers to Performs complex design, development, testing, documentation, code review and analysis of various software applications to technical/business specifications, complying with established methodologies. Utilizes creative abilities to enhance existing product lines with new capabilities and features. Meets with internal clients to determine software requirements, develops technical specifications, and performs design walkthroughs. Collects and documents data and data relationships as well as plans, designs, and builds data models. Plays a vital role in the integration of developed software to user interfaces and data. Provides technical leadership, direction, and design expertise across platforms and develops new features. Engineers brand new go-to-market solutions for system offerings. Mentors others and fosters collaboration and innovation.
Administrative and Operating Responsibility
- Participate in the development lifecycle with a focus on developing new features and functionalities for enterprise software solutions, encompassing service layers, integration, user interfaces and data
- Provide technical leadership, direction, and design expertise to CDK Global's user-interface development teams
- Create sophisticated, imaginative, and efficient reusable user-interface solutions across multiple browsers for various devices and operating systems
- Evaluate requirements and initial mock-ups, make technology recommendations that support optimal construction, maintenance, and performance
- Propose product enhancements and the adoption of new features, including new technologies such as Mobile, Big Data, Cloud Services and more
- Create and design programming code
- Make recommendations on how software features and functionality can best be utilized by the end-user
- Define data architecture; integrate work with web portal
- Assess new issues and take ownership of establishing protocol for problem resolution
- Directs and guides clients through resolution of technical issues
- Attends training courses as required and stay abreast of evolving internal processes and industry developments
- Applies problem-solving skills to provide customer support to resolve escalations
- Works in a team environment; serve as technical resource and mentor
- Provides other ad hoc support and duties as assigned
- Experience in ASP.NET and .Net Core Framework and C#
- Knowledgeable of DDD in a microservice architecture
- Familiarity with REST architecture
- Experience with Agile
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Develop project documentation throughout SDLC
- Familiarity with SQL (MSSQL or Postgres)
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Familiarity with OpenAPI desired
- Experience with Docker desired
- Experience with various authentication workflows, OAuth, OIDC, etc. desired
- Experience working remote teams desired
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.