Sr. Regional Property Manager
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Gables Search Group
The Sr. Regional Property Manager is under the direct supervision of the Managing Director, Multi-Housing or Vice President, Multi-Housing. The Sr. Regional Property Manager is assigned a portfolio of Property Assets within the Affordable Portfolio
Location South Bend, IN (Must be open to travel within Northern / Central Indiana)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Site Management functions when property manager is absent: Accounts Payable, Dues Collection oversight, maintenance scheduling, vendor contracting, regular office hours and tenant relations/correspondence
- Property Management functions: Owner contact and attendance at owner meetings, meeting agendas and minutes, operating report preparation to accompany financial report
- Supervision of assigned site managers including at least twice monthly on-site property visits with face-to-face meeting with site manager
- Responsible to assist on-site at the properties with site manager functions as needed when present for supervision and when site managers are on vacation or ill.
- TRACS/MINC for all assigned properties
- Use EIV system to obtain income information and distribute to assigned properties
- Review and approval of Contractor Bids, as well as, tracking vendor contracts and coordinating annual re-bid at assigned properties
- Monitoring of waiting lists and review and approval of any advertising for assigned properties. This includes working with site managers on marketing the property to maintain high occupancy and a strong waiting list.
- Monitoring and review of Occupancy Reports and Control Logs for all assigned properties
- Tenant complaint appeals at assigned properties
- Develop capital improvement plans for assigned properties
- Monitoring and review of Delinquent and Prepaid Reports at all assigned properties
- Monitoring scheduled re-certifications and assuring that all are being completed timely
- Work with Compliance Department for tenant file audits at assigned properties
- Coordination of Open Houses and set-up of new developed properties in assigned region
- Timesheet approval for assigned properties
- Accounts Payable (AP) approval for assigned properties
- Hire and conduct annual and mid-year performance reviews, discipline and fire site management staff at assigned properties in conjunction/consultation with supervisor and human resources.
- Site manager training for assigned properties
- Assist in Preparation for Safety/Training Meetings
- Respond to state agency desktop audits and compliance reviews
- Respond to investor and lender inquiries and reporting
- Assist with obtaining information necessary for completion of grants
- Initiate Replacement Reserve Requests for all assigned properties
- Budget preparation for assigned properties.
- Quarterly Property Inspections with Community Manager at assigned properties
- Assist or coordinate Management Reviews and REAC Inspections at all assigned properties
- Special Projects: New project development, business development, market studies, new business proposals, receiverships.
- College degree (minimum of 2 years, preferably 4 years) or 5 to 10 years' experience in property management, focusing on budgeting, finance, and operations.
- Knowledge of all types of affordable housing is preferred.
- In addition, the individual is required to obtain a Certified Occupancy Specialist (or equivalent) designation, Housing Certified Credit Professional (or equivalent) and Accredited Residential Manager (ARM) or Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) designation within three (3) years of employment.