Federal Grant Accounting Leader
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Gables Search Group
Responsible for grant accounting by ensuring compliance with funding source administrative guidelines, timely receipt of revenue, accurate submission of financial reports, A-133 Audit and orderly closure of projects.
- Coordinates the accounting functions related to grants/contracts and other restricted accounts by:
- Proposing policies and procedures related to restricted funds for review and implementation.
- Training and assisting the team in the financial reporting and other administrative requirements of their grants/contracts, state Memorandum of Agreements.
- Monitoring/tracking expenditures and financial reporting through the grants/contracts' life cycle.
- Preparing, reviewing, and coordinating of A-133 Audit work.
- Preparing and reviewing accounting entries (transactions and journals) related to grants/contracts and restricted funds.
- Prepare invoice/billings and collecting funds for the support of grants/contracts and restricted fund expenditures.
- Provide financial data and support in the preparation of all applicable fiscal information for grants/contacts by ensuring all fiscal reports are completed and submitted monthly.
- Attend professional development training and stay abreast of the Office of Management and Budget Circulars and their applicability to grants management related to A-133 audit.
- Work with external auditor on related contracts.
- Completes depreciation journal entries as appropriate.
- Completes government billing as needed/required.
- Completes bank reconciliations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Accounting (or equivalent experience). Five to seven years of work experience in a not-for-profit accounting environment preferred.
- Thorough of USAID compliance requirements necessary
- Global experience is a plus.