Electrification R & D Engineer
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Gables Search Group
Electrification R & D Engineer - Off Road Vehicles
- Directly related experience with off highway mobile equipment. This could include forklifts, material handlers, port equipment, cranes, wheel loaders, excavators, mining trucks, construction vehicles, forestry equipment, or agricultural vehicles.
- Directly related experience with designing electrically powered vehicle drivetrains including traction motors, powered inverters, electrically powered fluid power systems, system controllers, cooling systems, battery packs, or battery management systems.
- Directly related experience in the conversion of existing internal combustion engine driven (diesel, gasoline, LNG, LPG, CNG) powertrains designs to any electrified powertrain architectures including series or parallel hybrid powertrains and plug-in battery electric.
- Experience in designing vehicle control systems utilizing commercial industry components and methods primarily based in SAEJ1939 controller area network (CAN) protocol.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, but with an emphasis on Electronics, Electronic Controls and Electrical Systems on mobile equipment.
- A minimum of 7 years directly related experience.
- Reasonably fluent in municipal electric power grid infrastructures.