Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Gables Search Group
***Strong background in welding and metal component assembly operations required ***
Engineering Manager Summary:
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the Engineering department. They are responsible for launch activities as well as existing programs. This position interacts with the other department managers on all elements of plant operations.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- The Manufacturing Engineering Manager provides leadership and daily direction to engineers and other direct/indirect reports.
- Leads the engineering team in support of both new and existing customer programs and plant layout.
- Prepares and supports the budget planning process and takes responsibility to meet the financial targets.
- Prepares and implements department operating and capital budgets.
- Oversees coordination of all Engineering changes and PTR's (Production Trial Run).
- Provides input and suggestions for continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls
- Drives continuous improvement in the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Monitors and ensures timelines for all programs/projects are met.
- Responsible for capital budget planning and spending.
- Manages new product launches and development.
- Tracks budget and cost for all projects.
- Participates in manpower requirements planning, overtime scheduling, and assists with capacity planning.
- Communicates measurable metrics to align employees with company goals and values.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering.
- Minimum seven years of experience in the automotive industry.
- Experience with product management / development or new business development.
- Must be able to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
- Must be proficient with computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and meet schedule and budget requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience (customers, suppliers, employees).
- Results oriented approach.
- Ability to establish priorities based on customer needs and critical milestones.