Posted on May 4, 2021 by Gables Search Group
Due to growth, we are adding an Electrical Engineer to the design group who will design, program, and troubleshoot systems of electrical and hydraulic controls for custom designed equipment such as hydraulic compression molding machines, polymer dewatering and drying machines, and oilseed machines by performing the following duties. They will be knowledgeable in computer assisted engineering and design software and PLC's.
- Discusses project with Project Manager to review scope of supply and functional specifications of equipment.
- Diagrams logic system for functions such as sequence and timing control using computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Designs arrangements of linkage of conductors, relays, PLC's, flow valves and other components of electrical, electronic, and hydraulic devices using computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Designs interface system, including pushbuttons, switches, and Human-Machine-Interface (HMI) displays using computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Develops Bill of Materials for scope of supply required on the project.
- Confers with Assembly Team Electrical Assemblers and Wirers to resolve problems regarding building of control systems.
- Reviews schematics and control configurations with customer's representatives to answer questions.
- Observes operation during trial run of programmed machine and equipment operation to verify that electrical signals in system conform to specifications.
- Designs controls for optimizing operator interface with existing plant control systems.
- Resolves (debugs) control issues such as hydraulic/electrical interface faults/errors.
- Follows all ISO 9001 Quality Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (B.S.E.E.) from four-year college or university
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to speak and understand the English language fluently.
- Ability to write proposals and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to assemblers, customers, and management.
- Willingness to travel to customer locations, generally 10-15% of the time, but rarely would exceed 30% of the time.