Project Manager - commercial construction
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Gables Search Group
Our client is looking for an commercial project manager to join their team in Nashville. The candidate is someone that has experience in both commercial project estimating, and project management. Also, being relationship focused is key to this position. You will be client-facing every day and deal with subs, vendors, architects and all construction personnel that help create these projects. Keeping/Developing relationships with people determine how those projects go.
- Based in Brentwood, TN, this commercial general contractor focuses on commercial construction, including: office, retail, healthcare/dental, industrial, and institutional projects.
- The offer the capability to construct ground-up & tenant build-outs, + building renovations through general contracting and design-build services.
- They know that relationships are vital and our customers always come first.
- Founded last year with a goal of bringing a fresh perspective to the construction process to exceed owner expectations by building relationships and outworking the competition.
- Preconstruction, estimating, and project management experience.
- Completes the monthly subcontractor and owner pay applications.
- Communicates daily with project superintendents.
- Develops and updates project schedules for both preconstruction and construction activities.
- Manages material, labor, and procurement.
- Troubleshoots potential schedule impacts including scope, weather, manpower, etc.
- Keeps appropriate written documentation for decisions affecting various aspects of the construction budget, schedule, legal, quality, and / or safety.
- Manages bi-weekly and monthly cost and margin forecast with input from superintendent and subcontractor teammates.
- Leads project close out process.
- Supports preconstruction activities including takeoffs, scope of work development, schedule development, bid list creation, and preparing proposals.
- Leads the buyout process, identifies successful bidders, assesses risk and scope gap potentials, manages the delivery of subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Manges the submittal process.
- Reviews and approves shop drawings and samples prior to the submittal to architect and engineers.
- Guides the submittal process from the architect and engineer to individual team members.
- Communicates with project team, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and owners.
- Controls all processes of construction including: estimating, scheduling, buy out, subcontracts, RFI's, submittals, change orders, billing, etc.
- Leads necessary meetings such as project reviews, progress meetings, and OAC meetings.
- Compliance of SBG Safety Program with a strong understanding of construction safety practices.
- Familiarity with various construction and project management software such as:
- Familiarity in scheduling software such as:
- Microsoft Project
- SureTrak, or Similar product
- Working knowledge of both interior build out and ground up commercial construction.
- Multi-task with preconstruction and construction processes that are ongoing with multiple projects in different stages.
- Familiarity with various AIA Documents and Contracts desired.
- Ability to apply the fundamentals of means and methods of construction management.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite desired.
- Proficiency in project management accounting and accounting software such as QuickBooks Contractor or similar.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, both internally and externally.
- Manage budgets, maximize profitability, and generate future work through strong relationships.
Bachelor's Degree in construction management, engineering, or related field.
5 - 7+ years of commercial construction (PM) experience is desired [in addition to time spent as APM/Project Engineer].
Competitive Employment Package Offered