Electronics Design Engineer - 3
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Gables Search Group
Established company with a good working culture and in a growth mode has 3 direct hire openings for Electronics Design Engineers.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the new product design, development, and integration of electronic components and systems for use on electric powered forklift trucks. Designs will include advanced wired and wireless communication, ARM microprocessors, and support peripherals for application in forklift control systems and IoT. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity to complete projects. Works with appropriate supervision with some latitude for independent, unreviewed actions. Will have project management responsibility for small projects or subsets of large projects.
- Partners with electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, and software counterparts on system design and integration.
- Derives and defines system-level functional requirements. Works with reliability engineering and supply partners to develop and qualify new components.
- Designs robust solutions using modern microcontrollers/microprocessors, analog/digital sensor elements, power regulation circuits, wired/wireless communication systems (Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth, CAN, ISM, Ethernet, etc.).
- Actively participates in and leads design reviews and product verification processes.
- Guides design and development of printed circuit boards from schematic entry to final PCA CAD layout.
- Defines assembly bills of materials, defines component specifications, and processes ECOs.
- Ensures that system/component designs comply with company and industrial requirements (UL, CE, etc.).
- Performs initial circuit board bring-up and measures performance to verify adherence to functional requirements.
- Performs engineering analysis and/or design of various vehicle systems utilizing traditional engineering techniques such as design analysis, simulation, and performance validation.
- Test and troubleshoots complex designs utilizing advance laboratory equipment (O-Scopes, Logic Analyzers, etc.)
- Travels as needed to other Raymond divisions, customers, and supply partners (~5%).
The successful candidate will be able to multi-task and prioritize assignments, and to plan, organize, and carry out technical activities. Good written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to present technical material to a technically diverse audience both orally and in writing, are also required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BSEE with three years' experience preferred. A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required with one year experience, or an MSEE with no experience are also acceptable. Must have a Green Card or be a U.S. Citizen.