Hiring Now - PT Sales Associate
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Dash In
Sales Associate Part-Time - Crossroads Dash In Crossroads Dash In, 8078 Ritchie Hwy., Pasadena, Maryland, United States of America Req #68
Monday, April 19, 2021
Dash In is currently seeking Sales Associates to join our Dash In team! During this COVID-19 environment we are actively keeping our people and communities safe by following all safety measures and guidelines outlined by the CDC. We are also providing PPE for employees, while maintaining a fun and exciting work environment!
Dash In is a leading convenience merchandise and motor fuel marketer of The Wills Group, Inc., serving customers at over 65 retail outlets throughout Maryland, Virginia and Delaware. The Wills Group is a $1.5 billion company and the largest independent marketer of Shell Oil in the country. Throughout our 90 years in the industry, we have gained a reputation of driving innovation, providing our customers products and services at exceptional value, and fostering a great work environment for professional development and advancement.
The essential function of a Sales Associate will be to provide customer service including assistance to customers, preparation of consumable food items to meet the guidelines of regulatory agencies and company standards, project a positive image of the company while in prescribed uniform, proper recording of sales and cash control, and maintain store appearance and cleanliness standards.
Why You Should Join Dash In
At Dash In, our mantra is: Learn. Grow. Lead. We believe the success of our company lies in the depth and durability of our employees and is why we are committed to continued learning and advancement for all employees. We are proud to offer a flexible job that empowers you with the skill to be a professional, from working with diverse teams and customers to building the foundation for your future. Every day, we are leading in our community, being responsible neighbors and focused on doing what is good for the environment and our neighborhood, not just our bottom line.
Benefits and Perks
We take pride in investing in our people's well-being. That's why we back our words with competitive total rewards packages.
- Financial Well-being -, employer 401 (k) match (currently at 7%)
- Discounts on fresh food & beverages
- Education and Development Opportunities - 100% Tuition reimbursement to support our people's education goals
- Competitive Pay - competitive pay matched to our competitors
What You'll Accomplish Day to Day
- While standing and moving within the register and food preparation area behind the service counter, reach and retrieve items from floor level to seven feet above the floor and operate store and food service equipment which will include an electronic cash register, gasoline console, credit card machines, money order machines, TACC (Timed Access Cash Control Machines), food stamp machine, deep fryer, slicers, scale, grill, hot dog cookers, ovens, display cases and breading machines; operate floor buffer in aisles and open spaces of sales floor.
- Control cash to accuracy as prescribed in company policy manuals for overages and shortages.
- Maintain stock levels, food service items and general merchandise by stocking shelves, reaching items from packing cartons and placing items on display units ranging from floor level to seven feet above the floor and move cases weighing up to 35 pounds to retrieve needed stock selection
- Using proper lifting techniques and with assistance, lift and place in service, up to five feet above floor level, five- gallon soft drink containers which may be BIB (Bag In a Box) or cylinders weighing between 50 and 65 pounds.
- Using proper lifting and or climbing techniques lift containers of cubed ice weighing up to 15 pounds to a height of six feet to fill ice dispensers for fountain drinks.
- Maintain physical store appearance by sweeping, mopping floors, buffing as required, cleaning rest rooms and residual internal and external equipment, maintain exterior appearance by picking up trash and refuse from grassy areas, shrubbery beds and parking lots and emptying trash containers into dumpsters.
- If authorized by manager, measure product and check for water in underground storage tanks and record results in accordance with company guidelines
What You'll Bring to the Table
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior customer service experience a must
- Prior work experience with running computerized register system.
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus.
- Reading and mathematics skills required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and be at least 18 years of age.
- Background and drug screen required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $11.75
- Max Hiring Rate $14.00