HIU Maintenance Engineer (Heat Interface Unit)
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Experis IT
HIU Maintenance Engineer
We are actively looking to secure a HIU Maintenance Engineer to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
Plan, co-ordinate and complete maintenance activities through a balance of hands-on and managing appropriate resources, for all mechanical, electrical and C&I issues that impact/are likely to impact on the operational performance of the District Heating and Energy Generation schemes throughout the Central London area and identify issues and improvements. The purpose is to reduce unplanned unavailability, improve the performance of the assets while ensuring all major costs are identified early in the process to assist with Business planning.
Assist the Operations and Maintenance team to understand and predict maintenance issues so that all plans accommodate suitable engineering resolutions, ensuring all maintenance plans are managed via the maintenance management system.
To identify opportunities to optimise the day to day operational performance of the District Heating and Energy Generation schemes throughout the UK. Responsible for analysing all faults and implementing corrective action individually or through the team. Identify areas to improve current plant performance and build-in optimisation for future developments. To work as part of the CE Operations Team to ensure the optimised operation & maintenance of the projects.
- Support the identification and implementation of improvements to all areas that affect plant performance.
- Determine the scheduling of maintenance activities to minimise contract labour requirements.
- Deliver maintenance of plant to meet and exceed business KPI's.
- Deliver and support analysis of plant issues, providing expert technical advice to the Maintenance Team Leader to assist in the decision making process of plant issues.
- Contract/contractor management, ensuring appropriate safety assessments have been completed and performance is optimised.
You will have these maintenance skills:
- HNC/NVQ Level 4 or equivalent along with significant expertise in general engineering principles, with expertise in a specialist skill area - C&I, Mechanical or Electrical.
- Domestic gas boiler experience with relevant gas safety registration.
- The ability to innovate and appropriately challenge existing processes to improve efficiency
- A willingness to develop the site by looking for best practise and ways to improve the plant operational and commercial performance.
- An IOSH (Managing Safely) or equivalent qualification as a minimum, demonstrating a clear knowledge of safety practices and management.
- The capability and willingness to achieve E.ON's required competency levels - Safe System of Work (SSOW), Contractor Safety and Engagement (CSE).
- Contract Management skills and experience to appropriately challenge contractors on the methods, quality and standards of work.
- Competent in hazard identification, risk assessment and management of risks.
- Excellent understanding of the commercial and financial effects of plant operation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
You will have these safety system of work skills:
- A detailed understanding of the theory and application of a safe system of work. (SSOW)
- The ability to provide and deliver expert advice and practical guidance.
- The ability to form effective working relationships with site and external staff at all levels, including the ability to influence behaviour by reasoned argument.
- An ability to prioritise effectively and consistently deliver against tight time constraints.
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.