Java Backend Developer
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Insight International (UK) Ltd.
Contract Position (Inside ir35)
Key Deliverables within this role
- Supporting the exiting engineering team with optimisation and tuning of the application APIs to improve performance and scaling capability
- Support in identifying and embedding good engineering practices and service improvements
- Working alongside partner resources and supporting the delivery of the Strong Customer Authentication platform
Key accountabilities and capabilities of this role include
- The ability to test and challenge current thinking and implement new approaches, practices and policies
- Ability to communicate complex problems/solutions in an articulate manner, using data to support your argument and influence senior manager thinking
- Act as a source of professional expertise and have accountability for continuously evaluating models, systems and sources of information, identifying potential for risk and ensuring fit for purpose where applicable.
- Manage the definition/delivery of meaningful project objectives and the overall approach to requirements analysis and solution design. Use own judgement as to when complex issues require critical issue.
- Lead and support where necessary on key architecture decisions
- Build and maintain internal and external networks to source data and information to enable timely recommendations and advice
- Comfortable educating both technical and non-technical colleagues about engineering
- Engage and influence stakeholders, anticipating, clarifying and shaping requirements for the purpose of optimising business results
- Be language agnostic and able to adapt & thrive in a moving technology landscape
What we're looking for:
- Strong analytical skills, and working knowledge of a wide range of engineering practices and tools
- Understanding of a range of languages and technologies and a readiness to learn others. Key examples are exposure to some or all of the following - Java, Python, PowerShell, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, WebSphere, Linux, SQL Server, Oracle
- Extensive knowledge of JAVA and Micro-profiling
- Familiarity with Server Side gRPC APIs.
- Experience of Cloud native solutions and cloud migrations, appropriate use of SAAS, PAAS, IAAS
- You have experience with build tools like Maven/Gradle, Jenkins2/Circle CI, Nexus, Sonar, GIT
- Aware of emerging technology
- Experience on Front End test automation and performance tuning
- Focus on system security through development and production alongside understanding of data regulations such as GDPR and data mapping
- Experience working in a financial industry desirable but not essential
- Identify, assess and triage incremental opportunities for business improvements, and turn this insight into actionable, tactical and strategic change for the business to consume
- Knowledge of WAS Liberty
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £45k Annual
£50k - £80k Annual