Lead IT Product Manager: Energy: Power Trading
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Eaglecliff Recruitment
World Leading Energy Company has an exciting opportunity for an IT Lead Product Manager to join their Power Team within the Trading division, playing a key leadership role in the IT delivery team, responsible for setting direction and managing teams to create world-class software solutions.
This area is a rapidly expanding team, helping the business grow and expand their Power Trading and Renewable Power Generation. This scale-up is to support the business alongside enhancing and building on existing solutions for trading and market data.
About the role:
You will be the IT Product Lead responsible for managing the Power Generation & Origination teams within the European Power IT Team, working closely with the Business Owners throughout the IT solution life cycle.
The role requires frequent communication with the General Manager and engagement with senior stakeholders. The IT solution is defined by the actual capabilities that drive business outcomes to attract and sell renewable power and trade renewable power.
The solutions are mainly in-house built solutions, that represent competitive advantage to the trading and origination teams. In addition, you will be responsible in working with internal IT skill pool leads to secure a team with the right skills and capacity to deliver IT solutions. You will also define and lead the ways of working and culture of how the team will deliver.
Your further responsibility includes:
- Work alongside the Business Owner to co-create solution vision, roadmap, scope and prioritise backlog, customer needs, research, maturity of IT Solution dependencies etc.
- Own full IT Solution life cycle including discovery, agile delivery and operations
- Serve as a thought leader to the Business Owner on the art of the possible and establishing (and maintaining) IT Solution roadmap, applying design thinking, Agile delivery and DevOps where relevant
- E2E responsible for the IT Solution and act as escalation point for operational and delivery issues
We're keen to hear from individuals who have proven knowledge in Power Trading and Renewable Power Generation as well as:
- Extensive knowledge of European power networks and trading exchanges
- Experience working with Real Time power generation solutions & associated data flows
- Strong IT management, business partnering, forming relationships, stakeholder management, analysis and problem-solving skills, good communication and leadership skills
- Proven track record of managing IT Solution development through entire life cycle, with preference of design thinking, agile delivery and DevOps experiences
- Working understanding of settlements and accounting associated to renewable generation
- Working understanding of how Risk and P&L is captured and represented for assets including interfacing with the ETRM
- Strong focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely. We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age. Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing